Our Vision in Al Nas Hospital is to provide the full spectrum of treatment for pediatric cardiac interventions providing top notch quality service .
• We’ve mastered new approaches to treat common heart conditions, like defects in the heart and narrowed valves. These problems can often be treated by catheterization, rather than open-heart surgery.
• We also specialize in treating rare, life-threatening problems that require extremely nuanced technical skills. Examples include neonatal cardiac interventions , stenting of PDA in duct dependent circulation, perforation of pulmonary atresia , stenting of pulmonary veins, stenting of complex coarctation of the aorta.
• Our catheterization team is at the forefront of this innovation, continually developing new, non-surgical ways to treat heart conditions.
• Our team understands the importance of collaboration, and routinely cooperates with cardiac surgeons and other clinicians to develop new approaches of care. When appropriate, we also use a hybrid approach, which combines surgical and catheter treatments.
• Recent advanced cardiac imaging tools which are available in Al Nas Hospital , especially in 3-dimensional imaging of echocardiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging allow more types of congenital heart diseases to be treated in the cardiac catheter laboratory
• The hybrid approach has enabled overcoming limitations inherent to percutaneous access.
• Teaching is an important part of our mission.
• Collaboration with international teams to share experience and exchange knowledge .
Projects which are different in Al Nas Hospital :
-Full range of neonatal cardiac catheter-based interventions including preterm.
-Transthoracic guided ASD device closure
-Transthoracic guided VSD device closure
-RVOT procedures in neonatal Fallot patients
-Percutaneous pulmonary valve implantation
-Structural interventions including Paravalvular leak closure
-VSD device closure in low weight patients